I have upgraded a customer from Office 2007 to Office 365 Business. They have 3 PCs.
They all share documents from a shared folder on one PC (let's call it server).
When on a 'client' computer I access this shared folder and open an Excel file, but also an image or a PDF, it's very fast.
When I open a Word document, it takes up to 30 seconds to open, with the splash screen "Starting".
Local Word files open smoothly.
I've tried the following:
1) Add the shared folder to the exception list of the antivirus (AVG) both on client and server
2) Delete the normal.dot both on client and server, and have Word create a new one
3) Check that all printers configuration are ok
4) Disable unused addons
5) Launch Word with the /a parameter
6) Create a new local file .docx (it opens fast), move it to the shared folder, open it (it takes a very long time to open)
7) If the file is already opened on another 'client', it opens fast because you can access it on 'read-only mode'
Any other suggestions?
Thank you very much,