SOLVED

Word Resume Assistant no UK availability?

Silver Contributor
Can a Microsoft person explain why there is no availability for the Resume Wizard in the UK? https://support.office.com/en-us/article/what-s-new-for-office-insiders-c152d1e2-96ff-4ce9-8c14-e74e.... This DID appear for me and then disappeared again :( Here’s a hint in the UK English is our official language!
9 Replies
best response confirmed by John Wynne (Silver Contributor)
Solution

Not sure it helps but I still have access on 1802! Strange it doesn't mention UK as a supported locale if they have gone to the trouble of changing its name for us:

Word Resume Assistant.png

This is what I had access to and it disappeared. I’m on Targeted Release so perhaps it will turn up eventually!

This was just published - Craft a compelling resume with Resume Assistant, powered by LinkedIn—now available.  Still, doesn't mention UK availability :(

"Today, this new experience begins rolling out to Office 365 consumer and commercial subscribers on Windows."

Thank you for your interest in Resume Assistant / CV Assistant!   For now this feature is only available for English and in a limited number of markets; please refer to this help article which lists the current availability.   We have been testing in different markets, and plan to roll out and re-enable to more in the future but the timeline is not yet decided.   We’ll make sure to update the help article as soon as we add more language/market support.  Looking forward to your feedback!

Katie Sullivan

Program Manager, Microsoft Word

Thank you Katie for your reply. Hoping the UK as English speaking countries can be enabled soon.

Hi, any updates on this? When will the Resume Assistant be available in the UK?

Hi Clinton, thanks for reaching out.  We don't have a public timeline yet, but will share updates as we expand to more markets.  We're eager to roll out to the UK!

united Kingdom is now showing as a region option for this but it is still not offering this as an option in Word (grayed out). Should this be available?

Please to see CV Assistant is restored today in the latest Word updates!
1 best response

Accepted Solutions
best response confirmed by John Wynne (Silver Contributor)
Solution

Not sure it helps but I still have access on 1802! Strange it doesn't mention UK as a supported locale if they have gone to the trouble of changing its name for us:

Word Resume Assistant.png

View solution in original post