Word mail merge doesn't show label guidelines/outlines

Copper Contributor

Hi all.

In the past, when I choose to create label mail merge, the outlines of the individual labels would appear on the page (as a grid/table on the page), so that I can click into the first label to insert a picture and add text to create a template label.

Now, when I choose to create a label mail merge, the page is just blank and I can't see the outlines of the individual labels.

What can I do so that I can see the outlines of the labels?

Thanks in advance.

3 Replies

Ok, I've figured it out.

Even though the outlines of the labels aren't displayed, the guidelines/grid of the labels are still on the page in a table. Click anywhere in the table, then click on 'Table Tools/ Table Design' on the ribbon at the top, click on 'Borders' icon drop down box and choose 'View Gridlines'.

Now the outline of each label on the page can be seen.

@RandomDude70 "Now the outline of each label on the page can be seen." FALSE.

@unsplit I think I found out the correct answer here.  Instead of clicking on View -> Gridlines, head to Table Design at the top, then click on Borders.  From there you can see an option to select 'View Gridlines'.  This showed the label outlines/gridlines to me instead of just placing a grid over the entire page, which the first option did (which isn't what we're looking for).  Odd that two different options for Gridlines show different results.