SOLVED

Will the user receive rejecting message if allowing conflict is selected?

Iron Contributor

Hi,

I have selected "Allow conflicts" for a conference room. I set "allow up to this number of individual conflicts" to 5 and "Allow up to this percentage of individual conflicts" to 10%. My question is if the user will receive rejecting email if the conflict is less than 5 times or 10%?  

Thanks in advance!

5 Replies
best response confirmed by Grace Yin (Iron Contributor)
Solution

No, that's the idea - if its within the allowed conflict ranges, the meeting will be booked and he will receive a confirmation, not rejection message.

Hi Vasil,

Thank you for your reply. Will it take some time for the change to take effect? I have disabled the "Allow Conflicts" setting a few hours back, but it still allow double booking.

Appreciate your help!

Should be immediate, you can still give it an hour or so for replication. If you are making bookings directly in the calendar, the conflict settings are not respected though.

Hi Vasil,

Thanks again for your reply. Will the "Allow Conflict" setting work the same for repeating (recurring) meetings and the individual meetings?  The reason we enabled it is because we thought it would allow double booking for repeating meeting but decline for individual meeting. Is it true?

If it's not, how can we approach the request that we want to decline the individual meeting if there is conflict but allow repeating meeting to book but let user only reschedule the conflict ones?

many thanks! 

It doesn't work "the same", recurring meetings are treated differently and there are some "exceptions" that can cause double-booking even without conflicts allowed. Read here:

http://blogs.technet.com/b/exchange/archive/2011/02/07/3411956.aspx

https://blogs.technet.microsoft.com/exchange/2012/01/23/recurring-meeting-requests-with-conflicting-...

1 best response

Accepted Solutions
best response confirmed by Grace Yin (Iron Contributor)
Solution

No, that's the idea - if its within the allowed conflict ranges, the meeting will be booked and he will receive a confirmation, not rejection message.

View solution in original post