SOLVED

Why sent email not in Sent Items folder?

Iron Contributor

Hi,

I sent an email from a mailbox which I have full access, however the email is not shown in the Send Item folder of the mailbox.

The mailbox is a regular mailbox not shared mailbox. Multiple people have full access permission. We want everyone who can access this mailbox can see the emails sent out from this mailbox.

Need help!

Thanks in advance!

10 Replies
best response confirmed by Grace Yin (Iron Contributor)
Solution

@Grace Yin 

Hi, yes this is common behaviour with delegated mailboxes.  If you want to control where the sent messages appear, take a look at this;

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/exchange/recipients-in-exchange-online/manage-user-mailboxes/automa...

@PeterRising 

Hi Peter,

Thank you for your reply. Do you think the issue will be gone if I convert this regular mailbox to a shared mailbox?

Thanks,

Grace

@Grace Yin 

No I'm afraid that will make no difference.  The message will still appear in the sent items of the delegate, not the originating mailbox.

@PeterRising 

Hi Peter,

I have tested against a shared mailbox. The sent email was saved in both Sent Items folders in both shared mailbox and the delegate mailbox. The only difference is one is the shared mailbox, the other one is the regular mailbox. I wonder if that's the reason, but at least there is a way to save it to both folders, but I don't know what it is.

Thanks,

@Grace Yin 

Interesting, I do not see the same experience in Shared mailboxes when I test this.  The link that I provided earlier will definitely help you to remedy the issue though.

@PeterRising 

Hi Peter,

I reached out to Microsoft and they confirmed shared mailbox will work, but for regular mailbox, I need to run the PowerShell command as the link that you send to me.

Thank you very much for your help!

@Grace Yin 

Very happy to help! :smile:

@PeterRising Hello mate, just a heads up. Not sure though if I might be misunderstanding your answer so bear with me, but as for shared mailboxes they made it really easy from within the portal quite some time ago. 

bec064_0-1589956074251.png

@ChristianBergstrom 

Every day is a school day.  I'd absolutely not seen that option before.  When it comes to mailboxes I tend to steer clear of the main Admin Center and instead favour either Exchange Admin Center or PowerShell.  Handy to know, thank you, and this is way quicker and easier to implement.

@PeterRising Haha I hear you, learning everyday. No worries, cheers!

1 best response

Accepted Solutions
best response confirmed by Grace Yin (Iron Contributor)
Solution

@Grace Yin 

Hi, yes this is common behaviour with delegated mailboxes.  If you want to control where the sent messages appear, take a look at this;

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/exchange/recipients-in-exchange-online/manage-user-mailboxes/automa...

View solution in original post