why does turning on and off the send copies of group conversations and events to group members work?

Copper Contributor

I've had some trouble with members of AAD groups not receiving emails to their inboxes, but they are still being delivered to the group email. Unchecking and rechecking the setting "send copies of group conversations and events to group members" works 100% of the time, but I would like to know why this works. Does anyone have an explanation for this?

2 Replies

Hello, you can read more about it here Manage a group in the admin center - Microsoft 365 admin | Microsoft Docs as you'll see it's default when using admin center but you can enable it, and users can opt out if they like.

When it comes to controlling the settings you can use PowerShell and the following cmdlet

Set-UnifiedGroup (ExchangePowerShell) | Microsoft Docs

Add-UnifiedGroupLinks (ExchangePowerShell) | Microsoft Docs

These articles describes how you could use them

How to Update Microsoft Teams so that Meeting Invitations go to Team Members - Office 365 for IT Pro...

Why Microsoft Teams sometimes can't use a team to schedule meetings - Office 365 for IT Pros (office...

Look for these
-AlwaysSubscribeMembersToCalendarEvents
-AutoSubscribeNewMembers
-LinkType

Hi Redman,
I am running in to the same exact issue. We have converted hundreds of 0365 Distribution List to M365 Groups and "send copies of group conversations and events to group members" is set on the M365 Groups. Some of them are behaving just as you described. They are hit and miss when the emails are copied to the user inboxes. I unchecked and rechecked "Send copies..." but it did not work in my circumstance. Were your M365 groups created from scratch or were they converted? Have you had any more issues like this?
-Betts