What is the Powershell command to configure a new Retention Policy in the Information Governance?

Brass Contributor

Hi there,

I am Looking for the PowerShell command to configure a new Retention Policy in the Information Governance.

I am not Looking for the PowerShell Command to apply Retention Tags, which is
New-RetentionPolicy.

I would like to exclude an IPM Message Class for Voice Mail, which is not possible through the UI.

Thanks,
Franck

3 Replies

To work with Retention policies in the SCC, use the New-RetentionCompliancePolicy cmdlet. That said, if you use the SCC policies, actions like excluding specific message classes are not possible, the policy will apply to all messages.

Thanks @Vasil Michev ,

but in the New-RetentionCompliancePolicy I have no option to define the Settings of the Policy, e.g. how many years I want the Retention to be in place.

It seems to me that this is defined in theNew-RetentionComplianceRule.

So what is defined in a new SCC Retention Policy UI seems to be a mix of New-RetentionCompliancePolicy and New-RetentionComplianceRule?

Am I correct here?

The New-RetentionComplianceRule would give me the Option of excluding IPM classes.

Thanks,

Franck

Yes, the two cmdlets go hand in hand, but technically the policy one is the "parent". I forgot about the ExcludedItemClasses parameter :)