Use the sign in address for your organization not a Skype Name or Microsoft account

Deleted
Not applicable

Hi, I have one user who is having a problem signing into Skype. The user is using

Windows 10 64-Bit Operating System. The user is using

Skype for Business 2016 MSO (16.0.8431.2270) 32-bit. When the user attempts to log into Skype she receives the error message 'Use the sign-in address for your organization - not a Skype Name or Microsoft account'. This problem is not happening to anyone else in the organisation. I have asked the user to log into a separate PC with the same spec. The same error message occurs. I have reviewed the users AD account and attributes and they are the same as other users who can log in. Does anyone know what is causing the problem?

2 Replies

The user might have an Microsoft account with the same name. Have you checked that with the user?

It shouldn't matter, assuming that account is the same domain that other users have? I would go into office 365, not local AD, and check the login name to make sure the users login name matches what they are using. Seems to me that the login being used is different for that user than what they are using which is one that they have a Microsoft account for.

Another thing to try, make sure you cancel sign in and delete / remove any cached credintials it's usually a button there, they could have saved. Exit the app try again etc. But I would start verifying the login address in users in 365 admin.