SOLVED

Usage report for OneDrive for Business

MVP

Hi ,

Is there any Powershell script that can help me fetch the OneDrive for Business usage report for the last 2 years ? I saw the usage reports section in the amin center and looks like I can get the data only for upto 6 months max .Let me know if there's any Powershell script which can be used to pull the data for 2 to 3 years .Thanks in advance 

2 Replies
best response confirmed by VI_Migration (Silver Contributor)
Solution

You can use O365 Adoption content pack to get the usage data for last 12 months, but it will give you only the top level information.

The content pack gives you access to a pre-built dashboard that provides a cross-product view of the last 12 months an  contains a number of sections. Each section provides you with specific usage insights. By clicking on the top level metrics you can access more detailed reports. User specific information is available for the last month.

If you want to overcome this limit then the best way is to periodically export the usage data to your data store or use any existing 3rd party tool.

You can use the below tool to get audit/usage data for the indefinite amount of time.
https://gallery.technet.microsoft.com/office/Office-365-Auditing-Tool-01747cd4

Totally agree with Robert...the thing here is that you are not going to have 2 years of usage information for ODFB in your tenant
1 best response

Accepted Solutions
best response confirmed by VI_Migration (Silver Contributor)
Solution

You can use O365 Adoption content pack to get the usage data for last 12 months, but it will give you only the top level information.

The content pack gives you access to a pre-built dashboard that provides a cross-product view of the last 12 months an  contains a number of sections. Each section provides you with specific usage insights. By clicking on the top level metrics you can access more detailed reports. User specific information is available for the last month.

If you want to overcome this limit then the best way is to periodically export the usage data to your data store or use any existing 3rd party tool.

You can use the below tool to get audit/usage data for the indefinite amount of time.
https://gallery.technet.microsoft.com/office/Office-365-Auditing-Tool-01747cd4

View solution in original post