SOLVED

Undelegated mailboxes wont stop auto mapping to User

Copper Contributor

Hi Everyone,

Stumped with this one (and it seems Office365 Support are too), I thought I would give it a try here.

The environment used to run on Exchange 2013 On premise, now runs 365 Synced with our DC.

User A used to have delegated access to example 1 (a shared mailbox) and example 2 (a users mailbox)

These have been removed a long time ago, however they continue to propagate to User A. Create a new cached or non cached profile on Outlook, within moments the boxes that have no conceived connection (checked via power shell or the 365 GUI) have returned!

Have tried restoring those delegations, then removing again, deleting profile on PC and starting from scratch, checked the DC for any links and nothing!

365 Support have escalated the case twice, and now aren't responding.

Does anybody have any ideas or insights?

4 Replies

Hi Clinton,

Can the user A access example 1 and example 2 or do they just appear to the Outlook?

just appear on the Outlook, when you try to open them the User receives an error stating it cannot be opened.

best response confirmed by Clinton van Kampen (Copper Contributor)
Solution

You can try using the –ClearAutoMapping flag for Remove-MailboxPermission, I've posted some examples here: https://www.michev.info/Blog/Post/1382/removing-automapping-and-resetting-default-mailbox-permission...

If those mailboxes previously existed on-premises, you might need to clean up the AD attributes as well, msExchDelegateListLink in specific.

Hi Vasil,

Thanks, this solved my issue! Clearing the mapping did the trick!

1 best response

Accepted Solutions
best response confirmed by Clinton van Kampen (Copper Contributor)
Solution

You can try using the –ClearAutoMapping flag for Remove-MailboxPermission, I've posted some examples here: https://www.michev.info/Blog/Post/1382/removing-automapping-and-resetting-default-mailbox-permission...

If those mailboxes previously existed on-premises, you might need to clean up the AD attributes as well, msExchDelegateListLink in specific.

View solution in original post