SOLVED

unable to send or receive email- sync issues

Brass Contributor

Hi experts

I am using exchange hybrid environment.  For my exchange online users when recoverable items folder is reached 100GB my users are not able to send or receive emails they are getting error in outlook like sync issues, so i disable the litigation hold and then purge the recoverable items folder and then enable litigation hold.

Is there any other way that i dont disable litigation hold and dont delete contents of  recoverable items folder. 

Is it possible to enable InPlace Archive and put retention tag for Recoverable items folder. 

how will outlook behave here, will it load 12 months of Recoverable items folder. how will be the performance of outlook will it freeze, i am confused please guide me how to approach in this scenario

1 Reply
best response confirmed by Rising Flight (Brass Contributor)
Solution
Those users throw away more than deleted items retention in combination with recoverable items quota accounts for. So, lower the deleted items retention setting. In ExO, you can't adjust RecoverableItemsWarningQuota and RecoverableItemsQuota. Items that are put away as part of Litigation Hold are separate from recoverable items, and those have no quota.
1 best response

Accepted Solutions
best response confirmed by Rising Flight (Brass Contributor)
Solution
Those users throw away more than deleted items retention in combination with recoverable items quota accounts for. So, lower the deleted items retention setting. In ExO, you can't adjust RecoverableItemsWarningQuota and RecoverableItemsQuota. Items that are put away as part of Litigation Hold are separate from recoverable items, and those have no quota.

View solution in original post