Unable to purchase licenses in Office 365

Copper Contributor

I'm trying to upgrade a user from Exchange Online, to Office 365 Business Premium, and I'm unable to do so. I get the following error.

Changes weren't saved
We were unable to make the following license changes.
License name
User
Change
Error
Exchange Online (Plan 1)
USER
Removed
Exception of type 'Microsoft.Online.BOX.Util.Exceptions.PartnerServiceException' was thrown.
Office 365 Business Premium
USER
Purchased
Exception of type 'Microsoft.Online.BOX.Util.Exceptions.PartnerServiceException' was thrown.

In addition to this, I cannot access Billing > Purchase Services, or Billing > Products and Services, they never seem to load, they just spin and spin and spin.

I've tried from different browsers, computers, networks, even the mobile app. I can't seem to change this.
4 Replies

If you still have the "Exchange Online" liicense checked from the EXO license, then when you add the Business Premium, it comes with Exchange Online, you cannot have two.

You need to uncheck the exchange Online license with the EXO only plan first, then select the Business Prem, (that will give you EXO), then SAVE.

DO NOT SAVE IN BETWEEN

not sure if this is your error but worth a shot to look at it.

Im sure its me, but this is what your post looked like. I could not read it, so im not sure if my answer helps

Yup

Its me,,sorry

The images are flip flopped, but you get the point....LOL

not sure if my answer helped but it may not since you are getting some type of "Partner" error