Unable to Log- in to Office 365- Continuous refresh to "Sign in to Activate Office" page.

Copper Contributor

I am having trouble logging into desktop apps like Word through Office 365 with my student email/ID. I am able to log in online to office using my school email just fine. However when I try to use Word from my desktop, I am prompted to enter my school email, and it simply keeps refreshing back to the "sign in to activate office" page. 

I'm running OS X 10.11.6

5 Replies

You could very well be able to login to Office 365 without having a license for installing locally Office 2016. Verify with your admin that an Office 2016 license has indeed been assigned to your account.

Click on your image (or your name) in the top right corner of Word and then look at the account you are signed in with. You may need to switch accounts or sign our of that app to get it resynched.

Thank you for your response. I only have one Microsoft office account- the one my school assigned to me. It is the one I am signed into in the browser.

I downloaded the software today directly from my account and have never been able to log into the activate page. After I enter my school email and hit next, my school’s portal log in flashes on the screen for a second and quickly back to the activate office prompt.
Thank you for your reply. I have verified with the school’s admin that my license allows me to in stall locally.

that sounds like there could be an issue with your schools network configuration. I would open a ticket with your schools IT support staff.