SOLVED

Unable to licence Office apps due to shared computer error - 0x800004005

Copper Contributor

Hi,

" the products we found in your account cannot be used to activate office in shared computer scenarios " 

I'm trying to activate o365 business but failing with the above error on one of my staffs computers. 

The user also has Project Professional licensed in o365 AND Visio, which is licensed with a local key. 

I've reset his pw, logged off and in etc, reinstalled. I'm assuming this is going to be something to do with the fact he's got a locally licensed Visio install ? Can anybody assist please?

Many thanks

2 Replies

I've also tried reinstalling Office using the installer downloaded from the 365 portal. 

Also, this user only has 1 device mentioned in the o365 portal. His current laptop. 

best response confirmed by gsatcoop_ (Copper Contributor)
Solution

OK fixed it. For reasons unknown this users licensing mode was set to shared on his local machine, I have now changed this through the registry. After that I've been able to license the product.

1 best response

Accepted Solutions
best response confirmed by gsatcoop_ (Copper Contributor)
Solution

OK fixed it. For reasons unknown this users licensing mode was set to shared on his local machine, I have now changed this through the registry. After that I've been able to license the product.

View solution in original post