SOLVED

UK Data Centers

Copper Contributor
Can you someone please advise how I move our Office 365 data to the UK data centers? I’m aware we’ve missed the deadline although we didn’t particularly use our tenant until now.
3 Replies
best response confirmed by Andrew Stoddart (Copper Contributor)
Solution
Hi Andrew, As you mentioned the deadline to request a move to the UK data centre has passed. You have a couple of choices going forward AFAIK. I’m willing to be corrected! You could choose to provision a new tenant which will give you the ability to provision to the UK data centre from the outset. This may not be practical so consider if you need to move at all. Many UK organisations continue to be based in the European data centres with no impact. One final choice if you have jurisdiction concerns is to speak with Microsoft UK directly to see if they can help. There’s lots to think about including the size and complexity of your current Office 365 deployment. Hope I’ve given you a few options to consider!
Thanks for coming back to me so quickly John. Are you aware of the what requirements businesses have in order to be hosted only in uk data centers? Our issue lies with GDPR and the risk it brings with regards to the type of data we hold.
Hi Andrew, I would suggest you contact Microsoft UK directly to see if they can assist your needs.
1 best response

Accepted Solutions
best response confirmed by Andrew Stoddart (Copper Contributor)
Solution
Hi Andrew, As you mentioned the deadline to request a move to the UK data centre has passed. You have a couple of choices going forward AFAIK. I’m willing to be corrected! You could choose to provision a new tenant which will give you the ability to provision to the UK data centre from the outset. This may not be practical so consider if you need to move at all. Many UK organisations continue to be based in the European data centres with no impact. One final choice if you have jurisdiction concerns is to speak with Microsoft UK directly to see if they can help. There’s lots to think about including the size and complexity of your current Office 365 deployment. Hope I’ve given you a few options to consider!

View solution in original post