Two Office365 accounts on one client (Office programs used)

Steel Contributor

Hi everyone,

we are merging a company into ours at the moment. They get hardware from us but the tenant to tenant migration will start later. 

We have read several articles that it should be no problem with 2 accounts on the same client.

But if we use Outlook with one profile (or even with two) after some time the "old account" gets disconnected and cannot be reconnected. 

If we recreate the profile - it works for another two weeks.

As a workaround i suggested that the old account can be used in the browser - but this is only a temporary solution.

best regards

Stephan

2 Replies

I've been running multiple O365 accounts in Outlook for years, after some initial issues were fixed the problem is painless nowadays. Make sure you are running a recent build, using the click-to-run version wherever possible. Other than that, I would suggest checking for authentication and autodiscover issues, as those can get complicated in merger situations.

@Vasil Michev 

Thanks for your response.

We have several problems with 2 or more Accounts on Win10.

Even if Outlook is not used.

Last week OneDrive stayed at "Signing in" after a second account was added. Also we had an issue that Outlook was not opening anymore after a second account was used (not added to Outlook)