Two factor for MSP's

Copper Contributor

Hi,

We are an MSP looking after a varity of O365 clients. We would like to activate Two Factor for our own admin accounts for our clients, but as we have 10 engineers logging in to these accounts we cannot think of a way of managing it. How does everyone else do this? We are a MS partner and have our customers accounts under our partner access, but we still need to occasionally access their portals.

5 Replies
Use 365 MFA for the accounts - set them to use app code (rather than notification) - you can have multiple devices authenticator apps setup for a single user account.
Thanks, Yeah, i had thought of that, juist a pain updating 10 engineers phones with 40 customers office 365 accounts....
Agreed. I assume the engineers could be remote, so using the 'phone call' option with an office desk phone wouldn't work either?

@Rob EllisExactly, i wanted to use email, creating a dist group with all the engineers in it, but O365 does not support that. Back to the drawing board....

What about SMS message, sent to a distribution group (would need a 3rd party service, I think)