To Do - migrating from 365 to 365

Copper Contributor

Hi

I am planning to migrate my business' Godaddy Microsoft 365 email to pure Microsoft 365 email (directly with Microsoft). I do all of my productivity planning in To Do online app and I am concerned that I will lose important information during the migration. Does anyone have experience with a similar migration and can you please tell me which of the following information was successfully transferred?

1. Lists

2. List categories

3. Tasks

4. Task categories

5. Tasks importance (the star)

6. Task notes

7. Task attachments

8. Archived lists and tasks, and their notes and attachments

For those who want to know how the migration is going to work: I have bought new 365 Business Standard plans (with an interim domain) directly from Microsoft and created interim users for all my existing users with Godaddy. The next step is to ask Godaddy to create PST files and disconnect my existing domain. This is where I am not getting a clear answer — will the PST files contain all of the information above so that my To Do will appear exactly as it was before?

Thanks

Johannes

3 Replies

@JohannesJP 
It's probably way too late for you, but there is a process you can follow to de-federate your 365 tenant from Godaddy and control it directly with Microsoft.  It is already a pure MS tenant, with GoDaddy's face on it for your use. 

I've done it many times, you lose no data, and the licensing in the account will stay until their designated expiration dates. 

Thanks @alexnet0 

I managed to get it sorted out with some help from Microsoft support. I appreciate your reply though, and it might come in handy for someone else in the future. 
Cheers, J