Taking the next step in your cloud journey

Microsoft

We recognize that all cloud journeys are different. Some organizations may have just deployed Skype for Business, some may have a full Office 365 Suite up and running, and some may be considering large data migrations. But wherever your organization is in migrating to the cloud—there’s a ‘what’s next’ moment:

What application should I migrate next?

What product should I turn on next?

How do I optimize update and deployment processes?

Have I turned off my unused on-prem platforms?

Have I realized the full potential of my existing cloud products?

As @JeremyChapmanMechanics described in his Ignite Session last year, An Early Look at Cloud IO - New tools to help you and your IT services keep getting better, the full benefits of IT investments are realized as commodity tools are better integrated into the business, adopted by end-users and customized to meet business needs.

MaturityModel.jpg

While the above maturity model is not a ‘one-size-fits-all,’ it includes some of the common next steps based on where you are in your cloud journey. In May, we’ll be elaborating on some of the “What’s Next” scenarios and best practices related to the monthly theme—Defining What’s Next For Your Cloud.

How do you think about your cloud roadmap? What drives which steps your organization takes next?

Read more posts featured during 'Defining What's Next For Your Cloud' month:

• Optimizing your hybrid cloud
  • Friday Features:
    • @Drew Madelung: 'The only way to keep up is to dedicate yourself to keeping up. You must change your mindset that keeping up with technology is just an option, I believe it is a requirement.'  Read his interview here.
    • @Jared Matfess: 'From my perspective, DevOps is really an equalizer in the fight to reduce IT operating costs.'  Read his interview here.

Save

Save

2 Replies

Looking at the presentation, Cloud IO sounds fascinating and could fill a gap where customers aren't always sure where to go next in their Office 365 journey (FastTrack is very good also).  

Our cloud roadmap is defined by what the business needs, underpinning its upcoming strategic aspirations, that are defined through regular planning exercises and formed into a multiyear plan.  

So for example, if mobility is a key theme, allowing staff to truly work from anywhere on any device Cloud PBX and PSTN Calling for Skype for Business may become an area of interest and get investigated accordingly and whether it would be suitable.

Thanks @Anna Chu. There's a lot of work releasing in the next couple of months to help assess current state and recommend logical, prescriptive steps forward with many cloud productivity, security and device management services. Stay tuned!