Sweep Rules not avail to add or edit? O365 OWA

Copper Contributor

When I try and add a sweep rule, there is only the delete button...not add or edit button.

I can add inbox rules just fine.

This is OWA O365

sweep rules.PNG

5 Replies

Hi

You are not getting the add button for Sweep rules as you can only add the Sweep rule from Inbox after highlighting an email.

Once you are going to create a Sweep rule you will get the option to  delete it, edit option is not available. 

To add a sweep rule go to your inbox and highlight the email on which you want to add a sweep rule. Once the mail is highlighted you will see Sweep option on top. Click on Sweep and now you will get the pop up with several options. To create a Sweep rule select either "always keep the latest message and delete/archive the rest" or " always delete/archive the message older than 10 days ".

Refer Screenshot 

Sweep Rules.JPG

Thanks 

Robin Nishad

Sr Technical Consultant

Thanks.

I was hoping to find a way to weekly clean the inbox by moving files to folder at end of each week or similar.

I don't think the sweep rules can do this, can they???

@Mark Helmrich 

Did you ever get it fixed?

I have disabled/enanabed swift rules in powershell, added in Outlook and OWA and they do not show as sweep rules but as just normal rules. The rules do not work if I don't click the play button... if I click them - they work. but they do not auto work.