SOLVED

Sway has stopped working in my Office 365

Copper Contributor

Dear all,

I'm a user of Office 365. Does anyone know how to fix the problem of not being able to sign into MS Sway and open existing Sway slides?

I cannot open the Sway presentations that I have created and used before. (See the error message below.)

Many thanks.

Youxuan

Not able to sign to Sway.png

7 Replies
best response confirmed by Youxuan Wang (Copper Contributor)
Solution

Are you seeing this within other applications in office 365 too?

From were do you try to login?

Go to "https://portal.office.com" in another browser tab and log out! Close browser and reopen and sign in again

Else try another browser mean while and see what happens

/ Adam

Dear Adam,

Thank you very much for your reply. This gives me hope of being able to use Sway again with my personal professional Office 365 account.

Obviously I have already signed into my OneDrive account in reading the discussions in the forum.

When I try to log out by clicking the link that you gave above, we arrive at a page with the following pop-up:

Not able to sign to Sway_2.png

This means that I'm not signed in. Otherwise I would not be asked to enter my username and password again.

As I'm already signed in, I don't know why I should enter my username and password again? I nonetheless provide my username and password, but the following error message is what I have got:

Not able to sign to Sway_3.png

Why should I give a work email? I have a personal Professional OneDrive account, and it is always attached to my personal Hotmail email address. I should not be asked for a work/school email address.

Thanks for your help. Your further support will be highly appreciated.

Youxuan

Sorry for the confusion as you have a personal account! Log out from onedrive and close all the browsers! The login to sway.office.com with your account

Dear Adam,

Thanks for your prompt reply which has solved half of the puzzle. By logging out and then signing in directly from sway.office.com, I will indeed be able to use my Sway slides again. 

However, I ought to be able to sign into Sway from my Office 365 account, since this is one of the Office 365 applications listed on my OneDrive. I have no problems with other Office 365 applications, but nowadays (not previously), whenever I try to log into Sway from OneDrive, I get this problem as shown below:

Not able to sign to Sway_4.png

By implication, I cannot share my Sway slides on websites with colleagues, since most of my colleagues may not have an Office 365 account.

Your further support will be highly appreciated.

Best regards.

Youxuan

I’ve seen this before but with other services, I believe webmail and onenote!
For now just open sway with the url directly or try open it from within any other page in office 365!
How do you mean? Can’t you share?
You should be able to share from sway and and you also don’t have to have a office 365 subscription to open it

Dear Adam,

Many thanks for your prompt and helpful replies. I will do what you have recommended, hoping I will eventually be able to go straight to Sway from OneDrive.

Some colleagues who did not have a Hotmail or OneDrive account could not open my Sway links recently, though I didn't have this problem before. I will test again, and will let you know if this problem persists.

Many thanks once again for your professional help. Your further support will be highly appreciated.

Best regards.

Youxuan

Glad I could help!
1 best response

Accepted Solutions
best response confirmed by Youxuan Wang (Copper Contributor)
Solution

Are you seeing this within other applications in office 365 too?

From were do you try to login?

Go to "https://portal.office.com" in another browser tab and log out! Close browser and reopen and sign in again

Else try another browser mean while and see what happens

/ Adam

View solution in original post