Support without phone contact / Phone Case closed 24h after initial call without problem solved

Copper Contributor

Hi

I have tried to have a support request without phone. It doesn't seem to be possible which is rather disturbing.

So I chose to try via phone. I was able to talk quickly but the agent didn't understand the issue.

Later (over the weekend I had some missed calls, no email) the case was just closed without resolving the issue.

How can I create a ticket without calling?

Thank you

18 Replies

From the Admin center, you can click the 'Need Help?' button

Office 365 Need help support.png

Then just fill out the details and use the email us option:

Office 365 Support.png

OK so it should be possible - because I don't get that option (and switched for testing to IE which hasn't any Adblocker or similar plugins):

temp.png

Thanks for the screenshot, yes this should be possible, it's working for me and it is a listed feature of Office 365 support.

Office 365 Support 2.png

Not sure why it's not appearing for you.  Adding @Russell Read in case he can help or someone else can chip in!

Yeap, as Cian says, you should have this option: May I ask if you have a partner providing you your Office 365 licenses?

Hi @Philippe Schnyder,

We have several slightly different support experiences rolled-out today. The e-mail functionality isn't currently available to everybody.

That said, the flow for creating the ticket remains largely the same regardless of the experience you see. If you prefer that the support team doesn't call you, add a note saying this when you open a support ticket.

It's possible that the support team might still call if they believe it will be quickly/easier to address your issue; however, you can always request that they e-mail instead.

Try the above and let me know how you get on.

-thanks, Russell.

@Russell Read

Thank you

So first for me it's often very difficult to answer phones due to my work. So I really would appreciate the email option. Why wouldn't you provide that?

As you suggested I've asked for communication in writing:

"Hi - The attached message was tagged as phishing scam, which is not the case! The link mentioned in the mail: http://aka.ms/SafetyTipsFeedback doesn't seems to apply to Office365 but only Outlook.com - I'm currently not easy to reach on phone but I can't find a way to report this except with a call back. - Please explain why this message is considered Phishing and how this can be avoided for future mails. Thank you"

... and got immediately the call: The supporter wanted to do a remote control session. Which is absolutely useless, as I provided the mail with header as msg File - and the part about the link not really matching Office 365 doesn't any input at all...

(Ticket #7354130)

Hi @PhilippeS

Thanks for the additional detail. I'm checking with a couple of colleagues and will let you know what I find.

-thanks, Russell.

Thank you again Russel.
For reasons beyond my understanding the communication was sent to the "password reset" mail address.
I never use that address...

Sadly I also don't see the ticket details in the Admin Panel (probably because it's a phone incident).

Otherwise I would have seen the ticket details.

So I really hope you'll bring back email support for everyone!

Hi Philippe,

Happy we got there in the end!

Regarding the e-mail from our support team being sent to your alternative e-mail address, I did notice this when I did the follow-up with the team. This happened due to the way one of our internal tools presents the support team with your contact information. We've got a request in the backlog to change the tool behaviour and the team has been briefed on validating that outbound e-mails are sent to the primary contact address.

The team who handled your ticket has also been re-briefed on how to handle support tickets from customers who ask to be contacted via e-mail.

Finally, I'm waiting to hear back from a colleague in our engineering team to understand what the future of the e-mail support option is. My understanding was that it will be coming back, but I'm not closely involved in the project and I don't want to incorrectly set expectations if that turns out not to be the case. I'll let you know when I hear back.

-thanks, Russell.

Hi @PhilippeS,

The e-mail support option is coming back - it's actually already started rolling out. Unfortunately, I don't know when the feature will be available for your subscription, but it is on its way.

-thanks, Russell.

Does anyone have experience with Premier Support?

We've been using it for years.  But, with all of the new announcements about basic support options beefing up in the admin portal - today we have to create tickets separately at premier.microsoft.com - we're considering not paying the extra premium fee.

Hi @Tony Derricott,

Not sure if anybody responded to you with their experiences, but I'd be happy to talk with you further about premier support. From your comments below, I'm not totally sure what premier offering you have, what features of it you take advantage of, or what you are looking for in support.

If you could share some additional details - just PM me - we could chat further and get you connected to somebody who can talk in more detail about the premier benefits you are paying for.

-thanks, Russell.

@Russell Read, we don't have any specific complaints about Premier Support.  Thanks for asking.  We're just curious about how this new initiative to beef up the support options through the Admin Portal might affect us.

Hi @Tony Derricott,

The changes we're making in the Admin Center will benefit all customers - including Premier customers like you. Ultimately though, your Premier benefits entitle you to more than the inclusive support that comes at no cost to Office 365 customers.

If you wanted to talk to somebody to better understand your premier benefits, let me know and we'll track down the right person to speak with you. If you have a Premier contract with a Technical Account Manager, they'd be the ideal starting point.

-thanks, Russell.