Spacing problem

Copper Contributor

Hello all,

I'm currently working with the web based Office 365 version.

Outlook is used regularly for professional purposes and I'm searching for a solution to a problem which I haven't been able to find online.

When I send out an e-mail, everything seems fine. But when clients reply back, and I look at the attached mail I sent them, the spacing seems all messed up. Pressing enter once seems to insert 2 spaces. Apparantly you can adjust settings in the desktop version to solve this, but the web based client is more limited in that matter. 

Is there any way of solving this yet ?

Kind regards..

7 Replies

No, I was looking for an answer to this not long ago and ended up with nothing!

Adam

Thank you for the quick reply, I hope some genius shows up with a quick fix for our problem.

there is lots of geniuses here :)

Hey Guys,

I tried to do some testing to see this in action, but regardless of how I formatted mine, it looked the same (as far as hitting enter, as opposed to something else).

I am going to ask that you guys try something though. I have a feeling that I might know the root cause here, so I want yall to try something and see if it changes.

Rather than going to a newline/paragraph break with Enter (I am guessing by hitting enter twice), try hitting Shift-Enter instead.

My thinking here is that if this is just converting your message to HTML for sending (which would be my guess), enter is inserting a paragraph break <p>, two of those together indicate double spaced, and would give you a large white space.

Shift-Enter on the other hand could be inserting a line break <br> rather than a paragraph break. That would result in the HTML conversion to just be two new line calls, or a one space between paragraphs.

If one of yall could test that and see if it gets any different, that would help me get an idea if that is indeed what is going on. If so, you may be able to modify the email either away from HTML, or just know to shift-enter from now on.

Adam

Hello Adam, thanks for the reply.

I've already tried the solution you suggested. I have a detailed signature which also includes breaks and CTRL+Enter spaces. If I try to write a mail or edit my signature only using CTRL+Enter it appears like it should in the first place. CTRL+Enter seems to be working, but Enter seems to give 2 spaces.

Kind regards.

Tried this one as well before

Hi guys,

I've done some testing, and it got even weirder. This morning I sent out a mail to a collegue, and when she replied back the double spacing problem persisted. When I sent her another mail, she replied with her iPhone, and the formatting was exactly like it should have been.

Any ideas ?

Kind regards.