Slow access to added user mailbox

Copper Contributor

Hi everyone,

We are currently in a Office 365 migration from Exchange OnPremise.

We encouter issue with added user mailbox in outlook 2016. The access to the inbox folder is quite slow (5 seconds or more).

Outlook is configured in cache mode (6 month) and OST are stored on a shared network drive (Citrix environment, but the problem is the same on classic Desktop).

We have disable by GPO the cached shared mailbox because the OST file size were to hight.

Is there any way to accelerate the access to the others mailbox ? Like a one week cache ?

Thank you for your help.

4 Replies

You can go as low as three days for the "cache slider", but that network drive is your bottleneck most likely.

Hi Vasil,

Thank you for your answer. We reduced to one month the policy this morning (they only have access to the inbox folder for their added mailbox).

Hope Microsoft allow to configure the policy independately.

Have a nice day

@MartPronat I second Vasil's suggestion to reduce the amount of cached data. You could also experiment with hybrid mode, which I am told can be helpful in some VDI environments. Test this carefully!

https://office365itpros.com/2019/08/14/outlook-hybrid-mode-flaky-network-conditions/

Thanks for the link, I'm reading that.

We have to cache a certain period because it's just unworkable in online mode with almost no cache.

@Tony Redmond