Signature option does not open in outlook 2016

Deleted
Not applicable

When you try to open the signature configuration option in Outlook 2016, it does not open the option when it is clicked. And with that I can not add or edit any signature for my outlook 2016. Does anyone know how to fix it?

Sem título.png

71 Replies

@JTassone 

Thank you very much. Yes, it is always easier to save somewhere than always sign up back to check. As in my post, I found 0006F03A-0000-0000-C000-000000000046 and inside was only Default and LocalServer32. I couldn`t see anything else, but I haven`t used F3 yet, so will try it.

Is it safe to remove it? I'm scared that once I touch it, then all my PC stop working. The registry is like a brain :)

Guys,  I don`t have in App Features Microsoft Desktop Apps. See screenshot what I have. 
I have probably removed a long time ago when I read the first time about this problem, but it didn`t help

microsftapps.jpg

Sorry for the late reply I just did it again today (July 31,2019). Brand new computer, Office 365 downloaded and Outlook 2016....
Regedit (run as admin) ---Go under edit ---> Find ----> Type in the string:
0006F03A-0000-0000-C000-000000000046 and delete it. Hit F3 and everywhere it stops delete (folders on the left or just the entries on the right). Before you delete just verify that the string above matches.

There was 1 entry it stopped at towards the end and the sting didn't match, so I skipped it. Hit F3 and you should be done after you find the entry that doesn't match the string.

I have done this on 2 new computers with a new version of Office 365 (outlook 2016) installed and both work perfect.

@JTassone  Thank youuuuuuu so much. You made my day. After year or 2 I was able to change and add signatures. Fonts work too. Yeah!!!  F3 found several entries of the string and I deleted all of them. Prior to doing it I backed up the registry as it was a little bit scary to play with "computer brain". 

Computer restart was a big test, but it worked and now I have full functional Outlook.
THANK YOU m_ _m

@JTassone  Hi, that was my post. I went into the post and did an edit, to update some info and make it better understandable. When I hit apply, the forum said it was considered a problem and removed the post.   Thank you for re-applying it, as it has helped so many people. I can not take credit for the fix either as it was the result of many hours of surfing and simply just trying things.    Again   Thanks for reposting it …. Darn web forums and their auto bots  :)  Or  maybe Microsoft does not want people to have this fix for 1 reason or another

This also resolves: "STATIONARY & FONTS"  as well as "READING PANE" stuck buttons

No Problem Ron. It was great and thanks to your research we all can fix this annoying problem

@JTassone @Ron at Morrisons Auto  Thank you again guys.  Next day and it still works :)

Hi everyone. Just came across with this issue today. Tried a lot of suggestions in here, but with no success.

Until I tried removing from Windows Registry all keys with the value below:

0006F03A-0000-0000-C000-000000000046

That finally fixed the problem for me. Didn't even need to repair Office installation. 

Thanks for all everyone's posts.

I have tried them all and the only thing that has worked is to find the above string and delete out of the registry. I have one more computer to try this on.

Thank you!!!!! @CGoodie 

I was skeptical, but it also worked for me using Office 365 64bit

If you uninstall Microsoft Desktop Apps you will no longer have this issue.  Click on start, settings, Apps, Microsoft Desktop Apps and uninstall.  Restart Outlook and you should be able to add a signature.

@Ann Puckett 

Hi Ann, yes that does work for some.  But the registry string removal was the only thing that has worked for me. 

@Ann Puckett, Many People are finding they do not have those apps to remove. They did not exist on my system. The registry string was the only way.

When you match the outlook Signature button, Outlook waves and you are not able to add a signature.

This issue occurs if you install an Office approval on a PC that has pre-installed Microsoft Office desktop apps.

I have tried all the tricks everyone has mentioned with no success.

I changed the registry entries

I repaired office, both quick and online

I have uninstalled office and reinstalled office 3 times

I deleted all office programs, files and temp files

Still no signature box pops up.

I have tried 32 bit and 64 bit

This is quite ridiculous, brand new computer, brand new install

There was no "Microsoft Office Apps" on the computer prior to installing.

Not sure what to do now. 

@JChimo  Maybe try again check registry entry. I deleted so many of them. I did not need to reinstall Office, repair office and so on. I only followed up by advice here on the registry. It was scared because it is hard of PC, but I just decided to do it without any comp back up. It worked after all and it`s working now too. 

@JChimo 

Try rightclick on outlock and run as administrator. that did it for us.

I tried every solution in here, finaly i tried my fall back:

When in doubt rightclick and run as administrator.

that worked now i can set signature

@adamekjp it finally worked!! Thanks!

removed all instances of {0006F03A-0000-0000-C000-000000000046} in the registry and repaired Outlook which solved my issue.