Signature option does not open in outlook 2016

Deleted
Not applicable

When you try to open the signature configuration option in Outlook 2016, it does not open the option when it is clicked. And with that I can not add or edit any signature for my outlook 2016. Does anyone know how to fix it?

Sem título.png

71 Replies

@Ron at Morrisons Auto 

Dear Ron,

you just made my day :) That´s the only way it works. Thank you so much!

This post is from 2018 but I have the same problem since 2017.  I tried everything possible. Deleted Office, played inside the registry, deleted everything again, restarted PC and so on. Nothing helped so far. In addition to the signature, Stationery and Fonts don`t open either.

I have no idea what to do and I don`t want to reset PC to factory default. Please help 

@Ron at Morrisons Auto 

Thanks!!! This worked for me quite easily. I had to delete over 20 instances of that reg key.  Don't forget to right click on regedit and run as admin if you try this.

@modykhanjan , what worked for me is uninstalling microsoft office desktop apps

Go to Widows Settings>Default Apps>Apps and Features>Uninstall Microsoft Office Desktop Apps. 

@Srinath-Matrix  how did you delete them?

I am not familiar with the process.

thanks

Worked! Thanks so much.

@modykhanjanThis worked for me. Thanks 

This helped for me using Office 365 (probably works for 2016 aswell) 

Go to Standard Apps - Change Email to Outlook and then it is working

@SKafi  how did you "ran regedit and removed all instances of this string : 0006F03A-0000-0000-C000-000000000046 "  i ran that program and do not know where to find those strings to delete them.

If that is not what you did, let me know what you did do.

thanks,

@2009GrizJust do a search for the string (Edit->Find...). Delete all keys where it shows up (except for maybe the one that is associated with RegEdit that'll likely be found) by pressing F3 until it's not found any more. Then make sure to do the Office repair right afterward.

@Ceegh  thanks for being kind enough to spell that out for me.   Worked like a champ, SO glad that is fixed.  Amazing that 2.5 hours with Microsoft tech support couldn't figure that one out.

@Ceegh Thanks for the fix. Deleting the key in Regedit and then repairing Office worked for me (Outlook 2016).

@Ron at Morrisons Auto 

Thanks this worked on multiple computers! 

@Pablo R. Ortiz 

The first one worked for me.

@Ron at Morrisons Auto 

Thank you! Worked like a champ.

@Ron at Morrisons Auto  That worked like a charm.  First shot!

Guys what have you done? I get emails with "Worked", which is good, but what did you do? In this thread is nothing really.  Maybe links above to another one. @JTassone 

On my side:

delete office did not work

reboot did not work

reinstall did not work

Now I am here following by going to a page that link was given above.

Here I am

I lended in registry:
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Classes\WOW6432Node\CLSID\{0006F03A-0000-0000-C000-000000000046}\LocalServer32

What I found when I clicked "Modify" LocalServer32 is some kind of mess:

xb'BVf!!!!!!!!!MKKSkOUTLOOKFiles>U3iokj@Ji?5v2bfyv=F,

Real path to outlook is
C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office 16\root\office16\Outlook.exe

Should I replace it?

Then, I clicked "Modify" DEFAULT file. The Value Data was empty. Should I input there something?

Please help me. I already have no idea what to do. I have subscription Office 365 with latest updates.
When I click SIGNATURE it does nothing, the same with Fonts.

Thank you

@adamekjp

I don't know what happened to the post, maybe he deleted them but I did save the solution by copying it to Word so that way I didn't have to look it up if it happened again. This worked for me.

This is what that guy wrote:
"After reading everything on all forums, and trying all fixes. Nothing worked, My signature button still did not work. I had no multiple instances of buttons in start/programs, and did not have anything other than office 2016 listed in settings/apps. I did a full uninstall & registry clean... nothing. I even used Microsoft's uninstaller for Office. Every time my button still did not work. After working this for weeks I was seconds away from CLEAN INSTALL of windows. Read through many forums again ....... ran regedit and removed all instances of this string : 0006F03A-0000-0000-C000-000000000046
Still did not work. Then ran the "repair office" option from add/remove programs .......POOF it works.
So there are obviously strings getting left in the registry causing issues, tied to the Win 10 office add-on app, that even their own uninstaller wont pull out.
IF NOTHING ELSE WORKS: uninstall all instances of the above listed string, then run the repair function."

What worked for me was to open Regedit and then search for all the instances of the string:
0006F03A-0000-0000-C000-000000000046
I kept hitting F3 to find the next string..I think I found between 6-10 of them but that is just a guess. When it was done checked and me deleting the string I checked one more time just to make sure. Once it was done I did a repair on Office and it worked fine.

Good luck hope it helps

@moparman 

This is what worked for me

1. Open Settings.
  2. Click on Apps.
  3. Click on Apps & features.
  4. Select Microsoft Office Desktop Apps.
  5. Click Advanced Options
  6. Scroll to the bottom and select Outlook
  7. Click Uninstall.
  8. Click the Uninstall button to confirm.

This worked for me.............

@adamekjp 

@moparman 

This is what worked for me

1. Open Settings.
  2. Click on Apps.
  3. Click on Apps & features.
  4. Select Microsoft Office Desktop Apps.
  5. Click Advanced Options
  6. Scroll to the bottom and select Outlook
  7. Click Uninstall.
  8. Click the Uninstall button to confirm.

This worked for me.............