Signature option does not open in outlook 2016

Deleted
Not applicable

When you try to open the signature configuration option in Outlook 2016, it does not open the option when it is clicked. And with that I can not add or edit any signature for my outlook 2016. Does anyone know how to fix it?

Sem título.png

71 Replies

Seems to work fine here, which version of Outlook is that exactly? As an alternative, you can try composing a new message, then clicking the Signature button there and selecting the Signatures item to open the dialog.

Hi! I tried this, it does not work.

Outlook 2016 MSO (16.0.8827.2131) 64 bits

version 1712 (build 8827.2148)

You may have problems with registry. Take a look at the next article:

http://www.slipstick.com/problems/the-stationery-and-font-button-doesnt-work/

BTW, is there any reason for using 64 bit version of Office? If not, I suggest uninstalling and installing 32 bit.

https://support.office.com/en-us/article/choose-between-the-64-bit-or-32-bit-version-of-office-2dee7...

Has your IT department set a Group Policy to stop users from adding signatures? Worth asking.

Hi Alan,

What happens when you click on signature tab? Have you tried rebooting your machine? Next thing to look at is machine registries.

Here is the link that will help you resolve your issue most likely:

https://www.msoutlook.info/question/899

Thanks,

Nermin

Good afternoon,
I did everything they said (edit the registry, remove x64 and install x86) did not work at all. I am part of the IT group, here have no signature lock rules

I got it right. I uninstalled the office, deleted all the remaining folders, and used the RegSeeker program to fetch all regs that contained an "office" word and delete them. I rebooted the notebook and reinstalled office x64. And he corrected the problem.

thanks!

Are there any Metro apps on the Start Menu. If so, uninstall them.

This worked for me
Awesome! Worked for me. Thanks for the slipstick article.

This also worked for me.

This is worked for me, Thank you so much.

When ensuring you dont have multiple MS Office installs you have to go into Apps and Features and NOT Program and Features.  In Apps and Features may be a Microsoft Office Desktop Apps.  Uninstalling this and this alone resolved my issues after updating default and local server 32 paths, clearing temp files, AND looking in Programs and Features for a second install.   Good Luck!

Just do reconfigure the current(affected) user profile. it will work . 

Uninstall outlook from start menu and set Office(Outlook 20XX) version as default mail client . No need to uninstall office . Start Outlook and signature should open .

Thank you. Removing all instances of {0006F03A-0000-0000-C000-000000000046} and repairing Outlook solved my issue.

Awesome, works 100%!!

Uninstalling from the start menu only worked great/now able to change signature - thank you!!

This is what worked for me

1. Open Settings.
  2. Click on Apps.
  3. Click on Apps & features.
  4. Select Microsoft Office Desktop Apps.
  5. Click Advanced Options
  6. Scroll to the bottom and select Outlook
  7. Click Uninstall.
  8. Click the Uninstall button to confirm.