Showing attachment but no attachment exists

Copper Contributor

Hello - I'm using the current version of Office 365 and utilizing a Microsoft Exchange Server for Business as well. I've noticed the following:

I get emails from people with an attachment ie there is a paper clip but no attachment is present.

I'm noticing this when I use the Microsoft Office Outlook desktop application but when I log into the Microsoft Mail Client I can see the attachments along with the original email.  

Can you please help me to resolve this issue? Thanks very much. 

4 Replies
This can be that the sender uses a signature that includes some types of content!
Are you missing any attachments?

A great way to test this if nothing else, turn on the flow template to save all attachments as files.

As Adam said, this often times is something like a signature that is a file/picture itself, but it should show you what is considered an attachment.

https://flow.microsoft.com/en-us/galleries/public/templates/65ceb79430ef4956a0855fbe09249cdf/save-of...

Adam

Adam,

Thanks for your reply. Yes, I'm missing attachments. I can take the email with attachments on my phone and forward it to my Gmail account and the attachments show up. I've checked the file size of the attachments and they're relatively small ~3MB. 

I'd like to get this Outlook issue figured out. 

Adam,

Thanks very much. I will investigate your Flow suggestion.