Sharing Files via Word, PPT, etc. Not Working

Brass Contributor

Okay.  This one is driving me nuts.  When in Word, PPT, etc., I cannot share anything uploaded to OneDrive.  The Sync client is working fine, but when I click the Share button (see Share icon attachment), not only is the Share button/icon different (no plus sign), but the link box is different as well.  When I try to insert people in the organization, nothing comes up.  When in file explorer, I right-click on the synced folder, select Share, and this dialog box pops up (see share_docs attachment).  So I have two issues: When in an app, the different Share icon brings up a different link box with no ability to share with others in the organization.  And, I am unable to share synced files on my PC.  I have unintalled/reinstalled OPP, OneDrive for Business, nothing.  We have an E3 license.  I have version 1803, Build 9126.2259 Click-to-Run.  Windows 10 periodically asks to update your password.  This started last week when updating, but I do not think this is the issue.  Any help would be greatly appreciated!!!

7 Replies

Here is the other file.

Looks like you having connectivity issues if anything. Since the first screen it’s not even able to download the copy link icon etc. and the 2nd is saying it cannot connect. I would start there. Can you even open OneDrive from the context menu and share via web without issue?

Yep.  Also, on my device at home, everything works.  

Also, the share icons are different.  I have the Arrow icon (see Figure 2), while others have the Person/Plus icon (see figure 1).

Figure 2Figure 2

Figure 1Figure 1

Check your version of office between them file > account on right side of screen.

1708.  Fixed the problem sharing via Word, etc.  However, I still cannot share synced files in my PC.  OneDrive client issues?

how did you solve it? I am stuck on the same problem, any help would be appreciated.

Thank you,

rt