SOLVED

SharePoint Online Plan functionality

Copper Contributor

Hi,

do hope that this is the correct place to ask this question. I'm finding it difficult to work out whether any of the SharePoint Online Plans (1 or 2) (as opposed to Office 365 plans)provide the following functionality:

• Groups (i.e. Group Team Sites with the Modern UI) [I assume not?]
  • Hub sites

If not, does anyone know if these features are going to be extended to SharePoint Online plans?

Anyone know where I can find a detailed (and up to date) list of all of the features provided in a SharePoint Online plan?

Cheers in advance,

Rob

2 Replies
best response confirmed by Robert Bath (Copper Contributor)
Solution
If I recall correctly, for Groups you need the EXO part so that's the reason why you cannot create modern SPO Sites. In regards of Hub Sites: Remember you need to use PowerShell to register your Hub Sites

Juan is correct, Groups are much bigger than just SharePoint in Office 365 and you'll need a full Office 365 plan to leverage.

Hub sites are strictly SharePoint so you should be able to leverage those with a SharePoint only plan.  Based on the SharePoint Service Description (https://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/sharepoint-online-service-description.aspx) they should be included in all SharePoint Plans, this just hasn't been updated yet to show they are fully rolled out across Office 365.

1 best response

Accepted Solutions
best response confirmed by Robert Bath (Copper Contributor)
Solution
If I recall correctly, for Groups you need the EXO part so that's the reason why you cannot create modern SPO Sites. In regards of Hub Sites: Remember you need to use PowerShell to register your Hub Sites

View solution in original post