Shared Mailbox using IMAP stopped working

Copper Contributor

I have been accessing my Office 365 Shared Mailboxes on my iPhone using IMAP until recently.  These are the settings I had

Email Address:   sharedmailbox@domain.com

Incoming Mail Server

Host Name:  outlook.office365.com

User Name:  myemail@domain.com/sharedmailbox

Password:   password for myemail@domain.com

Outgoing Mail Server

Host Name:   smtp.office365.com

User Name:  myemail@domain.com

Password:  password for myemail@domain.com

I have verified exchange settings and IMAP is enabled on shared mailbox and user mailbox.  

iPhone keeps prompting me for password.  I deleted the account and went to re-add using the same settings but I keep getting invalid password.  I can log into the Outlook web browser just fine and access my shared mailboxes from there.  

Any helps to correct this would be great, I really love being able to access those boxes from one mail client, namely my iPhone mail app.

2 Replies
I have the same problem. Microsoft Please fix this. Thanks.

@RickRehm 

Try resetting the password of the shared mailbox.

Just go to the Admin Centers>>Active Users>>Look for the name of the shared mailbox, then reset the password.

Normally, you can access the shared mailbox through a user mailbox(users with exchange license), however if you reset the password of the shared mailbox under Active users, it will give you the option to access it independently.

Note that you "CANT" reset the password of a shared mailbox if you go to Admin Centers>>Groups>>Shared mailboxes