SOLVED

Shared mailbox contacts S4B to Teams

Brass Contributor

I have a slight issue.  I am trying to encourage the use of Teams to a client who currently wants to use S4B as they say this allows use of a shared mailbox contacts list and that teams does not, that they will wait until it does before moving over.  Is this statement fact or is there a way around this and will this feature ever be available in teams?

2 Replies

Teams has its own understanding of contacts, which no longer related in any way to Outlook/Exchange. I highly doubt support for contact list stored in shared mailboxes is ever coming, so they're better off creating a custom solution for that, a Tab maybe.

best response confirmed by WelshViking (Brass Contributor)
Solution
Well I mean. That shared mailbox can and probabaly should be converted to a Team. Then you can have a shared mailbox if that has to be used and everyone in the team can be contacted or seen via the manage team listings.

Not sure if these contact lists are separate lists but there is no reason a simple contact list couldn’t be created in the attached SharePoint site and added as a web part tab and you’ll have a quick and easy access to a contacts list.
1 best response

Accepted Solutions
best response confirmed by WelshViking (Brass Contributor)
Solution
Well I mean. That shared mailbox can and probabaly should be converted to a Team. Then you can have a shared mailbox if that has to be used and everyone in the team can be contacted or seen via the manage team listings.

Not sure if these contact lists are separate lists but there is no reason a simple contact list couldn’t be created in the attached SharePoint site and added as a web part tab and you’ll have a quick and easy access to a contacts list.

View solution in original post