Share multiple files from OneDrive and SharePoint

Iron Contributor

Hi

Does anyone know how long until we can share multiple files from OneDrive or SharePoint, without having to group them together in a folder?

Cheers

5 Replies
You could share them selecting the files and click share.. or am i thinking to simple here.
Llywelyn Morgan is right, we cannot currently select two or more files in ODFB and share them so it's required to group then on a folder. I'm not aware if Microsoft is working on this feature, but it's good feedback and I recommend you to check OneDrive uservoice to check if the idea has already been submitted or submit if that's not the case

Let call this functionality group share. If you add it to Onedrive you need somthinks to manage it. Because actually to manage share links you have one case "folder or file have a link" and you manage this one by just selecting it. For manage group share you have three case:

- On every files/folder that belong share you see can manage share link. That could grow complex if a files have more than one group share and a basic share. How do you add a new files to the group share.

- fake folder or one page to manage each links. That supose à spécial page that regroup all the share link of your one drive (May be just another "fake" folder). The main advantage : lets space to show statistics, didn't break the folder used of the user. The disavantage is it must go with links or reference to a folder/file. All the case must be thinks like how would you manage it on each plateform (web, windows, ios, ...). Do not synchronise this fake folder...

I personaly thinks it's just easier and secure to put them in a special folder and replace them in their old position. But i see case where in fact you need them but i never did...

This O365 Uservoice entry exists for this feature - https://office365.uservoice.com/forums/264636-general/suggestions/16390915-share-multiple-files-from...

Also, there is nothing on the road map for this either?! (...as at late Sept 2018) https://www.microsoft.com/en-nz/microsoft-365/roadmap?rtc=1%26filters=%26searchterms=share%2Cmultipl...

Vey odd this has taken so long. Do vote for this in the UserVoice entry for this, needs more traction as it's appalling this isn't available yet.