Rule for internal only emails

Copper Contributor

What I want to do is encourage all my users to use teams instead of email for discussions that are only internal to our company. I would like to add a disclaimer to internal only emails. I created a rule if the recipient is internal and sender is internal it applies a disclaimer and I also put an exception in for external user. It almost works correctly the problem is I don't want any disclaimer if there's an external person and the exception only applies to the external person and the disclaimer is still added to everyone internally. Thank you for any help you might be able to give!!!

Rick

2 Replies

Hi @Rick Venuto,

it seems you cannot do what you want natively.  Try to create a combination  of  a Power Automate flow and a transport rule. 

Regards.

@Rick Venuto 

Unfortunately the disclaimer is applied before the mail is broken out into different recipients so not possible natively. As stated maybe a Power Automate flow would help. Also an 'external' smart host or mail service could potentially strip the disclaimer from external bound mails but I wouldn't recommend it.