Rooms error "Cant update" in hybrid Environment

Copper Contributor

I have an issue with Rooms in our hybrid environment. The rooms are created onprem and is synced to Exchange Online. I can see the rooms-list but when I try to open a room calendar I get an error just saying "Can't update". This seems to only affect Online accounts, onprem accounts seems to work fine.

Someone have any tips regarding this issue?

5 Replies
Are you migrating the rooms to Office 365? Anytime when you migrate rooms to Office 365 then a remote pointer gets created on premise. You can verify if that pointer has been created on-premise or not.

Another approach is to create the rooms directly in Office 365 and create a mail contact on-premise which points to the Office 365 room mailbox.

Thanks,
Ash,MCE

@Ash365 Thanks for your Reply. As I mentioned, this is a Hybrid Environment. The Rooms are located on-prem but is visible for the online users. The online users however can't see any content in the rooms or make bookings. This works fine for the on-prem users.

if all users on Exchange Online are not able to view FB info of any on-prem user, that would indicate a cross-premises FB issue, in that case you need to check your Org Relationship.
However if it this is limited to room mailboxes only, i'd say have a look at permissions as well, Default user must have at least Reviewer access.

Can you run a get command using this Powershell against that room and verify if this setting is set to true/false
- ProcessExternalMeetingMessages

Then run this command
Set-CalendarProcessing -Identity "Room 221" -ProcessExternalMeetingMessages $true

Are the users in Office 365 using the same domain as on-premise and signing in as the same domain?

Ash

Hi @Ash365 and @DeepakRandhawa.

Sorry for any inconvinience. Just found out that none of the rooms actually are migrated to Exchange OnLine. Tried to "carefully" migrate one of the rooms and that was the trick.

Thank you for your attention.

Cheers!

//Daniel