SOLVED

Room list wont work for all users

Copper Contributor

Hello,

This is my first post here, so i hope i make it right.

We have a strange problem in our enviroment. That is a o365.
we have created around 10 room list for diffrent purpose.
And all of them works for majority of the user but we have ONE room list that wont work for some users.

Sympthom: When you click on the room list in room finder. It goes back to "none" and description says.

"It is not possible to make any suggestions as it was not possible to get free / busy information."

This put me in the thinking of a local outlook problem on the client.
(there is no diffrence on the room list at all.)

I have tried alot of things to fix this but my idéas have run out.

• The first thing i tested was to go to the web and use the webmail for the user, and here i can use this room list.
    This take away that i should be a problem with the users account and point me more to a local issue in the outlook client.
  • Then i took a look at the OAB and see if there is a problem with the sync but it dosent raise any errors.
    I have waited over 48 hours to let it sync manually even tried force it from then client.
  • I let my collegue log into this machine (the room list works on his pc) and he gets the same error.
  • So i made a simple uninstall / install of office. But the problem was still there.
  • Tried microsofts uninstall program, but that one fails. So i did a manual uninstall (microsoft recomenndation, even this wont work.
  • The outlook client have cached turned on but even if i turn it off, it wont work.

Anyone have a idé what to do next here. i have tried google it and didt find any useful things.

3 Replies

If it's a single room list, why don't you just recreate it? Other than that, your next step should be to enable logging for Outlook and check the files.

Hi Vasil and thanks for the reply.
Yeah i can create another room list but thats a work around. I wanna get down with this problem so i can fix it on the client side instead of remaking list evrytime this happens. (Dont know if it even works)

Will enable logging and hope i find anything that helps me. I will post my findings. :o)
best response confirmed by IT-Anders (Copper Contributor)
Solution

Its turned out to be a calender that didnt work properly.

Some of our users couldt refresh that calender.

So i took that one out of the scoope and everything works as it should.

BR

Anders

1 best response

Accepted Solutions
best response confirmed by IT-Anders (Copper Contributor)
Solution

Its turned out to be a calender that didnt work properly.

Some of our users couldt refresh that calender.

So i took that one out of the scoope and everything works as it should.

BR

Anders

View solution in original post