SOLVED

Retention Policy on Certain Site Collections

Copper Contributor

Is it possible to apply retention policy on certain site collections only?

In the Security & Compliance Center I go to Data governance > Retention > Create.

On the Choose locations step, I click Choose sites, but I only see the root site collection for the tenant listed. I expected to see all site collections, as the setting says "choose sites".

Is this behaviour correct? If yes - is there a workaround to apply retention to a single site collection?

2 Replies
best response confirmed by Petya Gancheva (Copper Contributor)
Solution

On the "Choose locations" step, you will need to manually provide the URL for each site you want included/excluded. One at a time. That's done under the "Enter the URL for one site then click search." control. It's crappy experience, you might want to consider using PowerShell instead if you have dozens of sites collections to add.

I get it now - I had to enter the full url, and I had tried with relative.

Thanks a lot!

1 best response

Accepted Solutions
best response confirmed by Petya Gancheva (Copper Contributor)
Solution

On the "Choose locations" step, you will need to manually provide the URL for each site you want included/excluded. One at a time. That's done under the "Enter the URL for one site then click search." control. It's crappy experience, you might want to consider using PowerShell instead if you have dozens of sites collections to add.

View solution in original post