Quarantine spoofing and reporting phishing emails

Copper Contributor

This morning when I opened Outlook, I found an email from "Administrator" titled "Spam Quarantine Notification".
Being the administrator of our Exchange Online network, I know this is not an Office365 notification - it's clearly a phishing email - but it looks pretty darn close to our normal spam quarantine notifications that I fear that some of our users may not know the difference.

Not a Spam Quarantine Notification.PNG

I would very much like it if Microsoft Office365/Exchange Online would build a "report this email as phishing scam" feature in to new versions of Outlook and maybe even make a publicly available add-in for existing versions.  You have the feature in Outlook Mail - the free webmail hosting - yet it isn't available for the paying customer's using corporate hosting and costly (in a relative sense) full desktop products.  I find this quite alarming actually.

In addition to this, it would also be darn helpful if administrators of a network had an easy way to blacklist or whitelist emails and/or domains from the Outlook email client.

I know this is a public forum and not a support centre, but it would be great to know if my concerns and requests are valid.

Thanks and regards 

Reece - "Long term Microsoft user and cloud hosting advocate"

1 Reply

They are working on add-in, and OWA should already allow you to report it as phishing. In the meantime, this article lists how to report "manually": https://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/jj200769(v=exchg.150).aspx