Quarantine Issue showing same email numerous times

Brass Contributor
What changed in Quarantine!?   "protection-office-com/?rfr=AdminCenter#/quarantine"
Why do I see multiple messages from the same sender in the main view:
HOME > Review > Quarantine

However; if I search-filter - Sort results by - Sender Email Address - and type the email address the search results only displays one single email. 

If I delete / remove the one email; then remove sort filter; then all the numerous emails from that sender are no longer in the main Quarantine view. 

Having the same email numerous times makes using quarantine impossible to use!  
I see a thousand email  in quarantine that take forever to review; But really only perhaps 100 - 150 unique emails.

WTF What The Fix!

8 Replies

Having the exact same problem 

Also the ATP advanced threat protection was offered and made an announcement by MS to be available for E3 customers. The ATP appeared for couple days, but NON-CONFIGURABLE (the settings wouldn't change after saving) - and now its completely disappeared again. 

MS should address these frustrating issues with their online console ASAP. 

I'm seeing this annoying behavior as well. It seems to be fine at first, and then is triggered by trying to scroll the window using the scroll bars or mouse wheel.

The work around for now is NOT to scroll. just work with the messages displayed on the screen, delete them and then the next bunch will appear

Well two months later on 09/19/2018 I received an email from an Office 365 Ambassador regarding a trouble ticket I opened which stated the obvious:

I have confirmed that it is a known bug into the Security and Compliance.

Then gave a workaround:  (ha ha)

The workaround as of now is to use the Exchange Admin Center in managing quarantined emails since that quarantine in Security and Compliance is just the same as in Exchange Admin Center.

I notified them that the workaround does not work as you cannot delete spam from the Exchange Admin Center; therefore it is not the same!!!

I then get a response that the work around is to delete messages via powershell.   What a Joke.

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/powershell/module/exchange/antispam-antimalware/delete-quarantineme...

My work around is to search the Spam Folder by Recipient Email Address:  @MyDomain.com   

This actually works and does not duplicate emails continuously!

This still appears to be an issue. Considering there's a big banner on the Exchange Admin Quarantine page saying it's going to be deleted this month and that I should use the new page in Security & Compliance, the new page is terrible. Every time I scroll downwards, it refreshes and duplicates everything in the quarantine list. Does it work properly for anyone? Do I have to switch over to using Edge browser or something?

I received a phone call two days ago informing me that Microsoft Engineers had a fix; but it would be approximately 3 weeks before the fix was rolled out.

I told them the information was useless until it worked!!!  And honestly that I had no confidence it would work without breaking anything else.

My work around is to search by Recipient Email Address:  @MyDomain.com   

This seems to prevent the duplicates from appearing and growing each time I page down.

Do you also find that format of the screen annoying?   What is up with basically double spacing the emails.  Reduces the number of emails I can see in one screen; when I am basically selecting and removing/delete the emails

Good Luck

Same problem. Beyond frustrated...

3 years later and this is still an issue.   Way to go microsoft.