Publisher 2016 2-sided Printing Problem

Copper Contributor

Just yesterday on 4-23-18, I've had 2 of 3 users' Publisher 2016 (latest version of Office 365), both running Windows 10 Pro, fully patched, stop printing double-sided to our Canon IR ADVANCE c7565i for no apparent reason (using v. 30.30 (x64) URF II drivers and tried PS3 drivers as well).  When going to print any 2-sided .pub file, with 2-sided - flip on long edge selected, the preview only shows 1 of 1 pages, despite there being 2.  I can click the arrow to advance to the second page and it displays in the preview. When printing, it only outputs the first page with nothing on the back.

I've converted the .pub file to PDF and was successfully able to print double-sided.  One of the users was somehow able to resolve the issue, stating that she thought she had reset the printing defaults, but wasn't sure.

I tried resetting the printing defaults on the user that was still experiencing problems, through the Printing Preferences of the Canon, but it had no affect. 

Strangely, inserting a 3rd, blank page works around the issue and allows the user to specify to only print the first 2 of 3 pages, which correctly outputs on both sides.  Anyone know what might be going on here and how to correct it?

0 Replies