Publicly available combined calendar with free/busy data?

Copper Contributor

I have a request for an external calendar that would show the combined free/busy data for our upper management team.  I spent a few hours yesterday researching options, including a sharepoint solution from this page which was ultimately useless because "The view created using the following procedure is temporary. Each time you refresh the browser, only the initial calendar will display."

So, does anyone know how I can create a publicly accessible calendar that shows the combined free/busy data of multiple users personal calendars?

3 Replies
I've trained folks to use Outlook to accomplish this. If you use Add calendar, you can use a distribution group and add the calendars in and setup a calendar group for "Management" or whatever. If they are all part of the same manager and peer's they will already have these listed in a Team: group in there as well.

Anyway, you can have a group with the calendars in it, click the box on the group to display them all, and use the "Schedule View" which is a nice way to work on scheduling around a group of people or seeing their Free busy.

Might not be fully what you need, but I've had success in using it.

I'm guessing you missed the "external" part :)

There's no built-in functionality that can do this. You can publish all these calendars and have them available externally, however there is no way to "combine" them into a single view. Unless you code your own solution via EWS or the Graph.

Derp, yeah missed the "External" part. Your probably going to be looking at some form of 3rd party tool that can sync with Exchange Online calendar data and publish etc.