SOLVED

Public folder calendar creation

Iron Contributor

How can create a Calendar inside a public folder, and will it get inheritance the permission from folder permission?

4 Replies
Hi

How to create public folder with calendar and permissions

https://www.quadrotech-it.com/blog/create-a-company-shared-calendar-in-office-365/

AFAIK this will only be available in Outlook, not OWA or on mobile.

Hope that helps and answers your question!

Best, Chris

Can i create more then one calendar inside public flder? 

In you approach we are creating a mailbox that associates with Publci folder.Can i create public folder that only for calendar item. So that i can able to paste the calendar inside it,

Yes as the article shows you can create more than one calendar.

To setup public folders you have to first create the PF mailbox inside the Exchange Admin Centre.

From your mails, maybe also consider a shared mailbox or a resource mailbox for the shared calendar, then you could easily copy items in Outlook via list view, or send a copy to the shared calendar when booking meetings.

Best, Chris

best response confirmed by Vinoth_Azure (Iron Contributor)
Solution

I think you might be missing the point behind using PFs. When you create a PF, you designate a type for it, such as Calendar. Once created, you can use it pretty much like any other calendar, and yes it will inherit permissions from the parent. As this is still technically a "folder", you can have multiple other calendars "nested" within it.

The PF mailbox is sort of a "database" for Public folders - you need to create one before you can start using them, but there is no need to create new mailbox for new Public folder, unless you have some specific requirements.

1 best response

Accepted Solutions
best response confirmed by Vinoth_Azure (Iron Contributor)
Solution

I think you might be missing the point behind using PFs. When you create a PF, you designate a type for it, such as Calendar. Once created, you can use it pretty much like any other calendar, and yes it will inherit permissions from the parent. As this is still technically a "folder", you can have multiple other calendars "nested" within it.

The PF mailbox is sort of a "database" for Public folders - you need to create one before you can start using them, but there is no need to create new mailbox for new Public folder, unless you have some specific requirements.

View solution in original post