Process holes in Microsoft Excel and Microsoft Access

Brass Contributor

Goodmorning everyone.

I would like to report two "important" process holes on two Microsoft products that are very popular worldwide!

I state that I am amazed that, although these products have been on the market for several years, they do not yet have these important features (I do not think I am the first in the world to complain of their shortage).

The first process hole concerns Microsoft Excel:

there is no (or I do not know despite my laborious searches on the web) any type of functionality that allows me to access a "simple" list of worksheets contained in a folder.
I better explain the need!

If there are 15 sheets in the workbook, to move "quickly" from one sheet to another, I am forced to click on the scroll arrows between sheets or to navigate between the sheets using the shortcut keys CTRL + PageDown or CTRL + PageUp.

But if I wanted to switch from the current sheet (example sheet 1) to sheet number 11, how can I do it?

There is no functionality (to my knowledge) :(

A drop-down list of the following type would suffice:

excel.jpg
that allows me to quickly switch to the desired sheet.

The second process hole concerns Microsoft Access:

there is no (or I do not know despite my laborious searches on the web) any type of functionality that allows me to format the text in the "Visual Basic" (VBA) section.
This would be fundamental for those who develop frequently as it is of fundamental importance for example to make common some sections of the code in order to associate them mnemonically and then quickly identify them in case of revision of the code itself (it would be enough to implement the highlighting of the text with color) .
I ask the experts if I made two requests that are impossible to implement (or can I hope for a future release that contains these two features)?

Thanks for your attention!

Regards

0 Replies