SOLVED

problem with outlook asking for password

Copper Contributor

I am working with a client and their outlook profile keeps asking for an email and password when trying to access a particular outlook folder. I had the client enter in the information and click on saved credentials but it still prompts for a username and password.

The problem we are having is hard to describe so bare with me.

I noticed before I started working on it that when I right clicked on the file it had a "close out" option like the file was a .pst, but when I did a search through the C drive the only .pst file I could find was archive.pst. So the particular folder looks like a .pst file, and it doesn't even give me the file location option when I right click on it. I could not find its location and when I checked the account settings all that was there was the clients main .ost file. Is there a possibility that the file is a .pst but the person who worked on it before me deleted the file in its location? If that is the situation then how could I recover the missing .pst file for this particular folder? My second guess is that it might be an AutoArchive folder?

I went through with the client the quick repair and online repair. It still prompted for a username and password.

I uninstalled the office 365 suite all together and did a reinstall, no luck.

I even rebuilt the .ost account by renaming the main profile .old and it is still asking for a username and password.

What are some other options I can try to get outlook to stop prompting client for a username and password?

2 Replies
best response confirmed by Eric Lopez (Copper Contributor)
Solution

this problem has been resolved. IDK if MS can delete this or not.

how did you resolve this?
1 best response

Accepted Solutions
best response confirmed by Eric Lopez (Copper Contributor)
Solution

this problem has been resolved. IDK if MS can delete this or not.

View solution in original post