problem e-mails going to junk folder - office 365

Copper Contributor

I've got issues in outlook some e-mails still go to junk folder, even If they're marked on the safe sender's list.

I am using outlook on my pc.

Can someone help me Is there any other solutions to resolve these issues, appreciate it.

Many thanks.

Barry Jalalon

7 Replies

Hey Barry,

It sounds like you have taken the steps you need from the O365 side.

1. Make sure you mark the messages as not junk

2. Add the sender to your safe senders list

3. Add the domain to the safe domain list

If it is still happening, normally I have seen the local client itself filtering, be it outlook, a phone, etc. So I would also check what settings you can from the device.

Finally, if you want to dig into it more, you would want to look at the email header of the message. Open up the message in outlook, go to file->properties, and you will see all the email header there. You can post it in a service like this ->https://mxtoolbox.com/EmailHeaders.aspx

In there you can look at the values such as spamscore etc, to try to get an idea what could be happening/causing this. If you want help with that, I am sure myself, or several others here could help you.

Adam

Hi Adam,

Many thanks for this.

Will try as per your advise and let you know, fingers crossed it will be resolved.

Best Regards,

Barry

Hi Adam,

I've found a better solution, by turning off junk mail filtering.

1. Click on Junk E-mail folder to ensure you are in the email section of Outlook;
  2. Click on Junk in ribbon at top of page;
  3. Select Junk E-mail Options;
  4. Select No automatic filtering (1st option)
  5. Press OK.

Hi Adam,

I've found a better solution, by turning off junk mail filtering.

1. Click on Junk E-mail folder to ensure you are in the email section of Outlook;
  2. Click on Junk in ribbon at top of page;
  3. Select Junk E-mail Options;
  4. Select No automatic filtering (1st option)
  5. Press OK.

Dear Admin,

I did exactly same steps on both outlook user level and exchange admin level settings.

Check sender ip address on Mxtools box, which not blacklisted.

Open MS ticket and support engineer not able to solve issue.

Please advise further action.

Thank you so much.

Ko Ko Aung

@Adam Ochs 

@Ko Ko Aung 
Look to uncheck the "trust email from my Contacts" type FILTER setting (whether local, or...in Outlook on the Web).  Worked for same scenario with same characteristics/settings you mention were in place, on our end.  Perhaps that will resolve it for you too.