Portal Home Page Changes

Brass Contributor

We've had the update to our tenant applied where the page at portal.office.com displays documents a user has recently worked on. It is also displaying files from our on premise SP2010 environment which has surprised a lot of users. Presumably this has grabbed its information from the users local Office install and cached it to get this. We have no connection set up in any hybrid way. More surprisingly, it displays on a mobile device too such as an iPhone when viewing in Safari. So does anyone know if my assumption above where it gets this data from is correct?

4 Replies

Which office Client Apps are you using before storing the items in on-prem SP2010?  The data that is displayed comes from the Microsoft Graph

Thanks for the reply David. this gets more interesting then. We are using client apps to save to the on premise SP 2010.

Sorry to elaborate on that, we have seen this with client install Office 2013 users.

With the new portal I have BIG problems to use Safari on my Mac. I don't undestarstand why I can't use my preferred browser with Office 365. Microsoft tell I can use all browser, but pratically is not real!