SOLVED

Pop up for credentials

Brass Contributor

Hi experts

when users change their password. prompt for change of credentials in outlook dont happen immediately, it happens after some time, u can say min after 15 minutes or so, many users are complaining. plz guide me to troubleshoot

5 Replies
Do you have separate AD sites? When I had this issue it's because you change your passwords in local AD, and you have your Azure Sync setup in a colo or another site. It by default takes roughly 15 minutes for that AD replication to happen, then another min or so for Azure AD Sync to ship to Office 365.

If this is the case, then let me know and I can find article on how you can decrease the AD Site replication time to accommodate, assuming bandwidth isn't an issue and you can do this. Otherwise you might need to look at moving your Azure AD to the site your users change passwords.

can you plz share me the document

If i need to go with below solutions which is the best solution

ADFS configured with O365, 

or

AAD connect SSO, 

or

two factor authentication (I am not sure)

or

modern authentication(is modern authentication enabled by default)

best response confirmed by Rising Flight (Brass Contributor)
Solution
The last two items are irrelevant to the first two. Since you can turn on two factor and modern auth. on either.

AAD connect is much easier to setup and works very well in my experience. Doing ADFS requires a lot of planning, servers with adfs services setup redundant etc. etc.

1 best response

Accepted Solutions
best response confirmed by Rising Flight (Brass Contributor)
Solution
The last two items are irrelevant to the first two. Since you can turn on two factor and modern auth. on either.

AAD connect is much easier to setup and works very well in my experience. Doing ADFS requires a lot of planning, servers with adfs services setup redundant etc. etc.

View solution in original post