Please help - Cant get Office 365 to work

Copper Contributor

Office 365 - Product Version - 16.0.12527.20278 Windows 7

I tried to open a word doc and excel and it didnt work and tried to update - which an error occurred. So i read online to go into control panel and go to change and online repair which i keep getting the same error: 30015-4 (1006) - when i google this it indicates a firewall is blocking this. I removed malware and took off the firewall for windows and i still get the same error. I really need to utilise my word docs but cannot access.

I have already tried a system restore but this did not work - does anyone have any suggestions on how to fix this as it is very frustrating? I also tried to uninstall but it comes up with an errorcode - 30015-25 (1006)

3 Replies

@Warren Bartram 

here are few recommendations first and foremost you might consider changing your OS to Windows 10 as it is the latest and greatest besides the support for Windows 7 is already over.

about removing the Office 365 or Microsoft Applications try to use Microsoft removal tooL below is the link which shows how to download and use it.

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/4027149/how-to-uninstall-office-automatically 

let us know if that works!!!

thanks will try soon - my speed is cutting off and will also consider windows 10 as well when i wake up (internet is slow currently to download).

it didnt work when i tried to uninstall so just trying to install again and see if it works or if i can get an error. If i upgrade to windows 10 will i still have all my bookmarks/programs etc on this laptop? I really need word to work asap for work so struggling to find a solution. Thank you again for your help