Personalize the Applauncher in Office 365

Deleted
Not applicable

I do not have any options to personalize my app launcher in Office 365.  We have E3 accounts, and this functionality is not available.  Is this only available in a specific browser, I generally use Edge.

Update,  I do have the ability to change the app launcher is some apps, but not others, and in the apps I cannot change the launcher, the launcher does not reflect my changes.

Thanks,

9 Replies

Where is your mailbox? it currently has a dependency on Exchange Online. MS has stated they are trying to remove that

What kind of personalizations do you want to do? As an Office 365 users you can customize the App Launcher changing the order in the Apps, the position and also the size
Those are exactly the types of personalization I am trying to do, and am not able to. On many apps, the three dots in the upper right corner of the tile are not available, and therefore no personalization is available. I have gotten it to work on most of the apps now, but SharePoint still does not show my customizations, where mail, contacts, and calendar do.

Scott, do you have the new style grey left pane app launcher or the old school wide coloured icon app launcher?

-Sonia

Hi Sonia,

Yes, I have the newest version of App Launcher.  I have pretty much got it to only in the SharePoint app is it not working. 

I can cofirm I don't have problems resizing and relocating the SharePoint tile so It might be something specific from your tenant...have you tried on different browsers and opening InPrivate sessions

It is NOT the sharepoint tile, It is ON the Sharepoint app.  I have tried everything you have posited, maybe you can think outside the box?

I have found that going to the All tab forces a refresh of the app launcher which has fixed strange problems like this for me.

OK that does sound strange. I can't reproduce your problem in my tenant.

Can only suggest that you open a support ticket with Micrsoft for this one as it seems specific to your tenant.

Good luck and let us know the result.