personal.xlsb file not loading when Excel starts up

Copper Contributor

I created a new macro and stored it in the personal macro workbook. When I open the XLSTART folder I see the personal.xlsb file with the correct time stamp.  But when I shut down excel and reopen it the personal.xlsb does not load and so when I go to run a macro from it excel does not show it as being available.  If I shut down excel, then double click on the personal.xlsb file it opens excel and I now see the macros. So what has me stumped is why it is not automatically loading when I start up excel. I have checked all the setting and all macros are enabled, etc.

3 Replies

Hi @tomrdillon1944 

Can you please try doing the following 

1. Back-up your personal macro workbook (PMW)

2. Create the new workbook & make new PMW

3. copy the codes from your back-up PMW and paste into new one.

hope this should fix the issue

Regards, Faraz Shaikh | MCT, MIE, MOS Master, Excel Expert

If you find the above solution resolved your query don't forget mark as Official Answer to help the other members find it more

@Faraz Shaikh I have at least 20 modules of code to copy from old personal.xlsb to the new file. Is there a quick way to do that?

Hi @ToesInTheSand,

Check this blog might be helpful by Ron https://www.rondebruin.nl/win/s9/win002.htm

Regards, Faraz Shaikh | MCT, MIE, MOS Master, Excel Expert

If you find the above solution resolved your query don't forget mark as Official/Best Answer & like it to help the other members find it more.